1.17.2014

{two month hiatus}


As you may, or may not, have known
I just took a two month hiatus from blogging. 
It seemed like a week, but my last post was about Beckam turning 6 months old.
He's nearly 8 months old now. 
Fast math, eh?

We've been a wee bit busy.
Winter time on the farm is a glorious time of year when my farmer has free time. 
So we play.
A lot.
Let me break it down for you, in what is probably going to be the longest blog post in history.

{1.} Thanksgiving

My hubby's sister and her lovely family came to the farm for Thanksgiving.
We got right to work making some super rad turkey tutu's for a 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.



There was lots of playing and fun had by all.








{2.}Boston

Mid December our little family of four packed up and headed to the East Coast for a wedding.
We just so happened to fly in during a crazy winter wonderland storm. 
Here's a little glimpse of how we fly.


These boys are pretty great travelers.
I was convinced that people were going to think we drugged them because every time we took off, they passed out. 
I like to call it, coincidence.

Look at my rockstar farmer toting the boys around the city.
FYI. If you go to Boston in the wintertime, you're going to want to remember gloves.
Because I certainly didn't, and my hands nearly froze off.



This was our first time this far east, and it was a pretty picturesque winter wonderland.






It also just so happened to be Brody's first time in tux.
I just about died.



We loved Boston! 
But more than that, we loved seeing old friends and catching up,
and meeting new friends that we felt like we'd known forever.


{3.} California

36 hours after we got home from Boston, we left for Cali.
{Ooh, and I hammered out a Christmas party at our church in that 36 hours too.}
We headed straight down to the Oakland Hills, where my bro and his new wife just moved.
And I literally mean JUST moved. They were still unpacking boxes. 
We were definitely their first house guests.

My awesome aunt came to spend the day with us too.
We were only there for a night and a day, but we did lots in that amount of time...
including a park, cuddle time, lunch and both boys' first carousel ride.










{4.} Christmas

Lucky for us, my parents only live a couple of hours from my brother. 
Christmas eve was spent walking, baking my dads birthday cheesecake and making noodles the old fashioned way...





Oh, and getting new jammies, and putting our hair into the ultimate high pony.


Christmas day, was pretty fab too.



I mean, we hit up the local coffee shop in our Christmas jammies, before coming home and having a very merry denim and plaid Christmas.




Clearly the kids got tired out by the days festivities.




And in what seemed like an instant, it was already time to go.
With a few extra snuggles from Zaza and Pappy, we made our way home...
to ring in the new year, buy a new couch and get ready for yet another trip.


{5.} McCall, Idaho

You may recall the glorious trip to Kauai that we made last January.
We decided to snag the same friends



...and go on yet another trip this year.
Only, it was not tropical or warm. 
Instead, snowy and cold.
But, just as enjoyable.
We spent quite a few nights playing some hilariously funny games after the little ones went to bed. 
We also hit up the hot springs.





Stretched?


Played in the snow.

{still not sure how they made it through that slide}





Went to the spa, and left the husbands in charge.


And ate glorious cinnamon rolls larger than my head.



And that about sums up the last two months.

AND now my boys are sick.
We are at home resting for the foreseeable future,
and don't plan on going anywhere until, uh... next winter. 


Photobucket





6 comments:

  1. Great photos. Looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are some traveling fools! I love the photo with all the guts in aprons, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the blog and the update, Farmer's Wife. Great pics. Love you all so much it hurts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...